Supercheap Auto Return Policy
We want you to be totally satisfied with our products and services.
There may be times when you need to return your instore or online purchase. Our Returns Policy is designed to assist you in returning your product.
We would like to remind you that the benefits given by our Returns Policy are in addition to other rights and remedies you may have under Australian or New Zealand consumer law.
Help us, help you.Download the Returns Policy Brochure
We offer you a replacement, credit or refund where products have a major failure, such as:
- When they are faulty
- Wrongly described
- Different from a sample shown to you; or
- Do not do what they are supposed to do
Products purchased online can be returned in-store at your nearest Supercheap Auto Store
Alternatively to be collected via post or courier, liaise with our Customer Contact Centre on the below contacts:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1300 175 010 between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm AEST (Brisbane) Monday to Friday.
Within New Zealand:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0800 500 605 between the hours of 9:30am and 5:00pm NZST (Auckland) Monday to Friday.
Products purchases in store must be returned to the front service desk of your nearest Supercheap Auto store. This includes products that carry a manufacturer’s warranty, which may need to be assessed by the manufacturer.
To complete a return in store we request that you:
- Show your receipt or proof of purchase (This can include a bank statement, Club+ transaction history, etc).
- Try to return the product in the same condition as it was purchased (including manuals, accessories and packaging).
- Provide us with any extra information we may need to process your return.
Returning a product with a receipt
- For an exchange, credit, refund or repair we ask for your name, telephone number and signature in addition to your receipt.
- All purchases made on a debit/credit card will be credited back to the original card used, so please have your card with you.
Returning a product without a receipt
- If you don’t have a receipt, we ask for your photo identification showing your name, address and signature.
- You can help us determine proof of purchase by providing a Bank Statement or similar.
Consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law and New Zealand Consumer Law are not limited by a defined time period and can vary from product to product depending on factors such as the nature of goods, price and statements made on packaging and product labels.
Our Store Managers can assist you with further information about the warranty period for the product you return.
Any expenses relating to the return of your product to store will normally have to be paid by you. For online store purchases, we will pay for return freight for any product assessed as having a major failure.
We may need to conduct an assessment of your product to determine whether a repair, replacement or refund is appropriate. Certain technical products may need to be sent to the manufacturer or their repair agent for assessment, such as:
- Sound, electrical and motor driven products
- Power tools; and
- Customer orders – non store stock items
For some product assessments you may have the option to liaise directly with the manufacturer, or their repair agent. Our store team members can provide you with the relevant manufacturer contact details.
Products assessed as having a minor fault will be repaired by the manufacturer and returned to you within a reasonable time. We offer a refund or replacement if the product is assessed as having a major failure.
The repair of your goods may result in the loss of user-generated data. Please ensure that you have made a copy of any data saved on your goods. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
Bulky and fuel operated products:
For safety reasons, please contact your nearest local Supercheap Auto store before returning any bulky or fuel operated products, such as:
- Engine cranes
- Gas cylinders
- Line Trimmers
Your refund will be processed once your product has been successfully returned and inspected by our team. Please allow 3-5 business days for your refund to then be processed back to your payment service provider (e.g. Afterpay, Credit Card, etc).
Please note that the time taken for a payment services provider to provide you with your refund can vary depending upon the provider.
In some cases a refund, replacement, or repair may not be offered if you:
- Substantially modify the product;
- Misuse the product contrary to user instructions or packaging labels; or
- Simply change your mind.
Certain products are excluded under our Returns Policy unless they are faulty, these include:
- Tailor made customer orders (seat covers, dash mats and floor mats);
- Storage discs (CD’s and DVD’s).
Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law:
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Your rights under the New Zealand Consumer Law:
This Returns Policy is in addition to the conditions and guarantees which are mandatory as implied by the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (NZ).
For updates to this Returns Policy please visit our Australian and New Zealand Supercheap Auto websites. At any time you can discuss our policy with your local Supercheap Auto Store Manager.
If you feel that your rights under consumer law or our Returns Policy have not been met, please forward your concerns in writing to:
- Product Assurance Officer
- Super Cheap Auto
- GPO Box 344
- STRATHPINE QLD 4500
Supercheap Auto will only collect, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Principles outlined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and Privacy Act 1993 (NZ).