Terms & Conditions
1.1. This website at www.supercheapauto.co.nz (our “Site”) is a shopping website where you can browse, select and order goods or services that are advertised on our Site (“Products”) advertised on our Site from Super Cheap Auto (New Zealand) Pty Limited (1172262)(“SCA”, “us” or “we”).
1.2. Please read these terms and conditions before accessing or using our Site. If you are under 18 years of age, then you must obtain your parent or guardian’s consent before accessing and using our Site.
2.1. The content on our Site is provided for general information purposes only. While we take steps to keep the information on our Site accurate and current, from time to time there may be inaccuracies, other errors, or variations between our online Products and instore products. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws, content published on or through our Site is provided in good faith on an "as is", “as available” and “where is” basis and SCA excludes and disclaims to the maximum extent permitted by law all guarantees, conditions, warranties or terms of any kind, whether express or implied or imposed by any applicable law.
2.2. Illustrations and photos contained on our Site are sample representation of the Products advertised, and variations may occur from time to time and from store to store.
2.3. While we endeavour to ensure the functionality of our Site, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws:
- we in no way guarantee uninterrupted access to our Site or the security of our Site;
- we do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the elements and / or information published on our Site; and
- we disclaim liability for any damage whatsoever, including without limitation direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages and / or loss of profits, business interruption or loss of data or information that may result from access to our Site and the use of all or part of the elements or information contained on our Site.
3.1. Our Site may contain links to websites, plug-ins, applications and other recourses operated by third parties other than SCA or our related bodies corporate (Third Party Sites). Third Party Sites are provided as a convenience to you. We do not control or endorse Third Party Sites. We recommend you read the terms and conditions and privacy policies imposed by any Third Party Sites.
4. Intellectual Property
4.1. Our Site and its contents is protected by certain intellectual property rights. We (or our licensors) retain all right, title and interest in and to our Site (including any copyrights and any trade marks that are displayed on our Site) and all related content. Nothing that you do on or in relation to our Site (or related content) will transfer any intellectual property rights to you or grant you any licence to exercise any intellectual property rights unless we have expressly authorised this in writing
4.2. We own the copyright to the content that appears on our Site or it is licensed to us. You may view our Site and its content using your web browser and electronically copy and print hard copies of parts of our Site solely for personal, non-commercial use. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content of our Site is strictly prohibited.
4.3. Our Site contains registered trademarks and other trade marks which are protected by law. You must not use any of the marks or trademarks appearing on our Site or our name or the names of our related bodies corporate without our prior written consent. You must not use any of the other company, product and services marks on our Site that are owned by other third parties (including our suppliers) without obtaining the relevant third party owner’s consent.
4.4. Subject to the applicable law, we can revoke, suspend or deny the permissions mentioned in this section 4 (Intellectual Property) of these Terms and Conditions at any time.
4.5. We welcome your suggestions and recommendations about changes to our Site (Feedback). If you provide us with Feedback, this is and will be treated by us, as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You assign to us all right, title and interest in, and SCA is free to use, without attribution or compensation to you, any such Feedback.
6.2. You may not have more than one active account, and your account is non-transferable. You may update, edit or terminate your account at any time through our Site.
6.3. If you choose to use a workplace email address for your account or to access our Site, then you are solely responsible for ensuring that you comply with the rules, policies or protocols that apply to the use of your email address and your workplace facilities.
7. Placing an Order for Products
7.1. You may order Products by selecting and submitting your order through our Site in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
7.2. Any order placed through our Site for a Product is an offer by you to purchase the particular Product for the price notified (including the delivery and other charges and applicable taxes) at the time you place the order. No order shall be deemed to be accepted by us until we issue an email acceptance of the order.
7.3. We may ask you to provide additional details or require you to confirm your details to enable us to process any orders placed through our Site.
7.4. You agree to provide us with current, complete and accurate details when asked to do so by our Site.
8. Acceptance or Rejection of an Order
8.1. We reserve the right to accept or reject your order for any reason, including (without limitation) if the requested Product is not available, if there is an error in the price or the product description posted on the Site or in your order. If we need to reject an order, we will use our reasonable efforts to let you know as soon as possible of the rejection and the reason for the rejection.
8.2. Each order placed for Products through our Site by you that we accept results in a separate binding agreement between you and us for the supply of those Products. For each order accepted by us, we will supply the Products in that order to you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
9. Cancelling an Order by Us
9.1. Prior to the dispatch of an order, we may cancel all or any part of an order (including any orders that we have accepted) without any liability to you for that cancellation if:
9.1.1. the requested Products in that order are not available;
9.1.2. there is an error in the price or the product description posted on our Site in relation to the relevant Product in that order; or
9.1.3. that order has been placed in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
9.2. If we do have to cancel an order, then we will endeavour to provide you with reasonable notice of that cancellation. You will not be charged for an order that has been cancelled by us if:
9.2.1 we cancel it before the delivery date;
9.2.2. you are not at fault; or
9.2.3. you are not in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
10. Cancelling an Order by You
10.1. Prior to the dispatch of an order, you may cancel all or any part of an order (including orders that we have accepted) due to circumstances beyond your reasonable control (e.g. loss of employment, serious injury or illness), without any liability to us for that cancellation. But we are not legally required to cancel orders or provide refunds, returns or replacements of any Products if you simply change your mind.
10.2. If you do cancel an order in accordance with 11.1 above, then you must provide us notice (including reason) before the dispatch of an order.
10.3. You cannot cancel all or any part of an order after the order has been dispatched by us. In the case that you wish to return a Product after the order has been dispatched, you need to do so in accordance with our instructions (see section 15 (Returns) of these Terms and Conditions).
11. Delivery of Products
11.1. SCA currently ships orders to New Zealand addresses only.
11.2 Please allow at least ten (10) working days for delivery from the receipt of your order and payment for your order for delivery of purchased Products. Delivery time is subject to stock availability, this period may be extended by up to 30 days by us and we will endeavour to provide you with reasonable notice of that extension.
11.3 A number of different delivery methods may be used depending on the type of order.
11.4. If the delivery is by courier, Products will not be delivered to an unattended address. The courier requires a signature from an occupant at the specified delivery address. If no one is available to sign for the parcel a card will be left and the parcel re-directed to the nearest courier depot. The customer is then responsible for collecting the parcel from that depot or paying an additional charge for re-delivery.
12. Prices, Fees and Charges
12.1.1. We will charge you, and you agree to pay, the following fees and charges in relation to an order that we accept (as applicable):
126.96.36.199. the advertised purchase price of each Product that is ordered;
188.8.131.52. the delivery fee for delivering the Products to you; and
184.108.40.206. any other fees and charges set out in these Terms and Conditions.
12.1.2. All fees and charges identified in these terms and conditions and all prices for the Products as shown on our Site are inclusive of New Zealand GST unless otherwise indicated.
12.2.1. All prices shown on our Site are in New Zealand Dollars (NZD).
12.2.2. The prices of Products and delivery and other charges displayed on our Site are current at the time of issue, however, SCA reserves the right to change prices at any time before we accept an order from you.
12.2.3. The purchase price of each Product is shown on the product list on our Site at the time you place your order. The purchase price of a Product on our Site may not be the same or correspond to the prices in any of our stores for the same Product.
12.2.4. You acknowledge that we are not required or obliged to match any prices for any Products, including matching any prices for a Product that is available through our Site at our store or vice versa.
12.3. Delivery Fees
12.3.1. Delivery fees are payable in addition to the purchase price of each Product and may vary depending on the delivery method.
12.3.2. You acknowledge and agree that you may incur additional delivery fees/freight charges (in excess of the fees and charges specified above) for:
220.127.116.11. special, non-stock and/or bespoke items;
18.104.22.168. heavy, bulky and/or awkward items;
22.214.171.124. express or urgent deliveries; or
126.96.36.199. bulk or large quantity orders.
Where this is the case, we will notify you of these additional delivery fees before you make your purchase.
13. Your Obligations
You covenant and warrant that:
13.1. all information and data provided by you to us through our Site (including as part of the customer registration process) or otherwise is true, accurate, complete and up to date;
13.2. the person receiving the Products at the delivery address is authorised by you to do so;
13.3. you have and will comply with all relevant laws relating to your use of our Site and your placement of any order to us;
13.4. you will ensure that your email address that you provided to us as part of the registration process to use our Site (“LoginID”) and password that is used to access our Site and the details of your account is kept in a safe and secure manner;
13.5. you will promptly notify us if you are or become aware that there is or has been an unauthorised use of your LoginID and password or account, or any other security breach relating to your account;
13.6. you will promptly advise us of any changes to your information provided to us as part of the customer registration process;
13.7. you are responsible for any costs associated with your access to or use of our Site, including Internet access fees;
13.8. you are responsible and liable for any person that uses your LoginID and password to order Product(s) through our Site;
13.9. you agree that we may charge you for all Products that we agree to supply to you that have been ordered using your LoginID and password through our Site;
13.10. you will check the labels on the Products before consumption or use and comply with any instructions on consumption or use provided; and
13.11. you will not:
13.11.1. use our Site for any activities that breach any laws, infringe a third party’s rights or are contrary to any relevant standards or codes;
13.11.2. use our Site in a manner or way, or post to or transmit to or via our Site any material, which interferes with other users or our other customers or defames, harasses, threatens, menaces or offends any person or which prevents any other person from using or enjoying our Site;
13.11.3. make fraudulent or speculative enquiries, purchases or requests through our Site;
13.11.4. use another person’s details without their permission or impersonate another person when using our Site;
13.11.5. post or transmit any obscene, indecent, inflammatory or pornographic material or any other material that may give rise to civil or criminal proceedings;
13.11.6. tamper with or hinder the operation of our Site;
13.11.7. knowingly transmit any viruses, worms, defects, trojan horses or similar disabling or malicious code to our Site;
13.11.8. use any robot, spider, site search and retrieval application or other mechanism to retrieve or index any portion of our Site;
13.11.9. modify, adapt, translate or reverse engineer any portion of our Site;
13.11.10. remove any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on our Site;
13.11.11. reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of our Site;
13.11.12. create accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretences;
13.11.13. use our Site to violate the security of any computer or other network or engage in illegal conduct;
13.11.14. take any action that imposes or that would, in our reasonable opinion, result in an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
13.11.15. use our Site other than in accordance with these terms and conditions; or
13.11.16. attempt any of the above acts or engage or permit another person to do any of the above acts.
14. Warranty and Liability for Products and Services
14.1. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes, restricts or modifies any guarantee, warranty, term or condition, right or remedy implied or imposed by any applicable law which cannot be lawfully excluded, restricted or modified. This includes the New Zealand Consumer Law which contains guarantees that protect purchases of goods and services in certain circumstances. If any guarantee, term condition or warranty is implied or imposed in relation to these Terms and Conditions (a Non-Excludable Provision) and SCA is able to limit your remedy for a breach of such a Non-Excludable Provision then our liability for breach of the Non-Excludable Provision is limited to one or more of the following at our sole option: 14.1.1. in the case of services, resupply of the services or payment to you of the cost of resupply; and
14.1.2. in the case of goods, replace the goods, supply equivalent goods, repair the goods, payment to you for the cost of replacing the goods (or of acquiring equivalent goods), or payment to you for the cost of having the goods repaired.
14.2. Where we are permitted by law (and subject to section 14.1):
14.2.1. we do not warrant or represent the suitability of our Site or a Product for any purpose; and
14.2.2. we will not be liable to you for indirect and consequential loss (including without limitation for loss of revenue, loss of profits, failure to realise expected profits or savings and any other commercial or economic loss of any kind) or loss or corruption of data, in contract, tort, under any statute or otherwise (including negligence) arising from or connected to our Site or the Product.
14.3. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, our liability to you for loss or damage of any kind arising out of these Terms and Conditions or in connection with the relationship established by it is reduced to the extent (if any) that you cause or contribute to the loss or damage. This reduction applies whether our liability is in contract, tort (including negligence), under any statute or otherwise.
15.1. Unless you notify SCA to the contrary by email, telephone, or facsimile transmission within fourteen (14) days of delivery of any Products and such notification is confirmed in writing within seven (7) days of its receipt by SCA, the Products shall be deemed to have been accepted by you.
15.2. SCA will accept product returns and provide you with (at SCA’s discretion) a replacement for the Product (subject to availability), an exchange voucher, refund or repair where the Product delivered:
15.2.1. is faulty or is not of merchantable quality;
15.2.2. is not fit for its intended purpose;
15.2.3. does not match the description on our Site; or
15.2.4 otherwise fails to meet any mandatory guarantees imposed by applicable laws.
15.3. Notwithstanding the above section 15.2, our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the New Zealand Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled to: (i) cancel your service contract with us; and (ii) to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value. You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done you are entitled to a refund for the goods or to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund for any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or services.
15.4. If there is a problem with a Product delivered to you including if it is covered under a warranty from the manufacturer you can contact us on 0800 500 605 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our Customer Service Team will assist with your request. To enable us to evaluate your return request, please make sure you are able to provide our Customer Service Team with the following information:
15.4.1. the Order number, invoice number or receipt number;
15.4.2. a detailed description of the problem or the reason for your request to the return the Product;
15.4.3. photograph(s) of product that is damaged during transportation (if a photograph is required we will advise you which email address to send it to); and
15.4.4. your name and contact details.
15.5. We will evaluate your return request and issue you with a Returns Authorisation Notice once we have received details of your return request. We will send you full return instructions and return address. If we feel the problem described requires clarification we may contact you to clarify in order to provide more efficient service
16. Termination and/or Suspension of Account
16.1. You may stop using our Site at any time and for any reason.
16.2. We may terminate this agreement for convenience at any time on notice to you.
16.3, Without qualifying the foregoing in 16.2., we may immediately suspend, terminate or limit your access to and use of our Site and (where relevant) your account if we reasonably suspect that you have commit fraudulent act and/or you breach these Terms and Conditions and:
16.3.1. the breach cannot be remedied;
16.3.2. you fail to the remedy the breach within 10 days of our notice to you of that breach; or
16.3.3. if there is an emergency.
16.4. We may stop making our Site (or any part of it) available without prior notice. If so, any orders that we have accepted will not be affected by this unless the Products that have been ordered is no longer available or we are prevented from supplying the Products, in which case, we will notify you and valid payments will be returned in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
17. Do-It-Yourself and How-To Content
17.1. You acknowledge that the video clips and photographs contained on our Site may depict activities undertaken by qualified and highly trained professionals and/or experts.
17.2. You agree not to attempt to replicate any activities shown on our Site unless you have:
17.2.1. checked the service information and specification for the specific Product, vehicle or system that you are using or working on as the correct method may be different to any generic example shown on our Site;
17.2.2. obtained advice from the relevant qualified experts, tradespeople and/or professionals;
17.2.3. complied with all applicable laws, regulations and by-laws; and
17.2.4. employed safe practices for carrying out the activities.
17.3. The film and text transcript on our Site are intended to be an information source only. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we make no statements, representations or warranties about the accuracy or completeness of the films.
17.4. Subject to applicable laws, we do not accept any liability (including, without limitation, liability in negligence) for any expenses, losses, damages, costs, accidents, injuries, deaths, fines, legal proceedings, suits, or any other law violations you suffered, incurred or made against you as a direct or indirect result of your access and use of our Site website and its contents (including but not limited to the films and the information in any films being inaccurate or incomplete in any way, and for any other reason).
17.5. Without limiting our rights and your obligations as set out in section 4 (Intellectual Property) of these Terms and Conditions, the films in this website may be used or reproduced in whole for non-commercial and/or personal use provided that any reproduction is unaltered and that an attribution of the source is included. The film may not be altered, built upon or transformed.
18. General Provisions
18.1. If the whole or any part of a provision of these Terms and Conditions is void, unenforceable or illegal it is severed and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions has full force and effect.
18.2. These Terms and Conditions (and your use of Our Site) is governed by the laws of New Zealand. Any dispute arising from your use of our Site are exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
19. Changes to these Terms and Conditions
19.1. If you have an order that has been accepted by us, the terms and conditions that will apply to that order are the terms and conditions that applied at the time you placed your order. We cannot vary the terms and conditions which apply to a given order after that order is accepted by us.
19.2. Subject to section 19.1, we may change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and such modifications will be effective as soon as they are posted to our Site. By continuing to use our Site after these Terms and Conditions have been modified, you agree to be bound by the changes to these Terms and Conditions. We encourage you to periodically review these Terms and Conditions so you remain informed about the terms that govern the use of our Site.
These Terms and Conditions are current at 24.12.20.
Super Cheap Auto (New Zealand) Pty Limited (1172262) (“SCA”, “us” or “we”) is pleased to supply you with goods via our Special Order program in accordance with our Online Terms and Conditions and on the basis of the following additional Special Order Terms and Conditions:
A “Special Order” is a product we source direct for you based on your request for order. These products are provided from one of our suppliers. While we take steps to keep the information on our Site, including product availability up-to-date, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws content published on or through the Site is provided in good faith on an "as is", “as available” and “where is” basis without any warranty of any kind either express of implied. In some instances items may become unavailable at the time of order due to circumstances beyond our control.
Generally once your purchase of a Special Order has been dispatched we are unable to add to, remove from or modify your order. If an error has been made while ordering or your circumstances change please contact our Customer Care Team on 0800 500 605, or complete our online enquiry form and our friendly team will assist wherever possible.
To assist in your enquiry please ensure you quote your order reference number when communicating with our Customer Care Team. Your order reference number can be found within the order confirmation sent to you via email after placing your order (ie. 0000123456).
You must pay for all online purchases at the time of online checkout prior to order confirmation in accordance with one of the payment methods offered on the SCA website.
For more information about the Terms and Conditions that apply to purchases, including prices, fees and charges, please refer to our Online Terms and Conditions.
Delivery (if applicable)
If delivery is offered by us, charges for delivery to your home or premises may apply.
Delivery time for Special Orders is subject to a number of factors including whether a product is custom made, stock availability from our supplier, as well as how our selection of courier services and other parties involved in the delivery such as freight forwarders can respond, the size of the Special Order and the delivery location.
You should take note of the estimated delivery time displayed on the product after you enter your postcode into the delivery calculator. While, to the maximum extent possible according to applicable laws, we are not responsible for the actions of third parties such as couriers or freight forwarders, we will endeavour to provide you with reasonable notice of any extension in delivery time that may occur .
Courier deliveries are made during business hours, Monday to Friday only and some products may require extra delivery personnel which may incur an additional charge.
For more information about the Terms and Conditions that apply to deliveries, please refer to our Online Terms and Conditions.
Collection (if applicable)
If products are being collected from one of our stores, please collect them within 10 days after we inform you that they are ready for collection. When you come to collect your product(s) please make sure to bring your order confirmation and ID. A driver’s licence is required for collection of orders over $100.
If you do not collect your Special Order product within 10 days from the time we inform you that it is ready for collection, and unless you make alternative arrangements with us for late collection, we will assume you have cancelled your order. This means we may re-sell the products and, subject to our obligations under New Zealand Consumer Law, you may forfeit any deposit or payment you have made (or, a reasonable portion to cover our costs associated with arranging for the Special Order). We may need to verify your identity upon collection.
Nothing in these Special Order Terms and Conditions excludes, restricts or modifies any guarantee, warranty, term or condition, right or remedy implied or imposed by any applicable law which cannot be lawfully excluded, restricted or modified. This includes the New Zealand Consumer Law which contains guarantees that protect purchases of goods and services in certain circumstances. If any guarantee, term condition or warranty is implied or imposed in relation to these Terms and Conditions (a Non-Excludable Provision) and SCA is able to limit your remedy for a breach of such a Non-Excludable Provision then our liability for breach of the Non-Excludable Provision is limited to one or more of the following at our sole option:
- replace the goods;
- supply equivalent goods;
- repair the goods;
- pay you for the cost of replacing the goods (or of acquiring equivalent goods);or
- pay you for the cost of having the goods repaired.
Notwithstanding the above, in the case of a major defect, you may elect to obtain a refund or a replacement of the Special Order product.
We will endeavour to resolve any problems with a Special Order quickly after notification. You should ensure that the products you elect to purchase are suitable for your specific purpose including ensuring the correct vehicle is selected when purchasing vehicle specific parts. We are not legally required to cancel orders or provide refunds, returns or replacements of any products, including Special Order products if you simply change your mind.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws, we will not be liable for damage, loss or injury suffered as a result of any person failing to follow instructions relating to the products, modifying them, failing to appropriately maintain or store them or using them for an unintended purpose. Without limiting any rights you may have under applicable laws, customers must inspect the products upon taking delivery and any shortage, discrepancy, defect, wrong specification or similar problem must be notified to SCA as soon as you become aware of it, and in any event within 14 days of delivery.
Cancellation & Returns
We will endeavour to assist you if you wish to cancel your Special Order – please see sections 9 and 10 of our Online Terms and Conditions.
Please also see our returns policy detailing the terms and process. Some products, including custom made products are non-returnable unless a warranty or guarantee is breached.
We reserve the right to cancel any order (in full or part) where: (i) you are in breach of your payment obligations to SCA; (ii) SCA reasonably suspects that you are purchasing products for the purposes of resale or resupply; (iii) SCA becomes aware after order confirmation that the good is out of stock; or (iv) there has been a genuine pricing or product description error by SCA or its supplier. Where we cancel your Special Order, we will refund any amount already paid in respect of any cancelled order (and in the case of part cancellation of an order, we will refund the amount paid that relates to the cancelled portion of the order).
Fitment Of Parts
Due to the complexity of vehicles today SCA recommend seeking assistance from a qualified mechanic when installing or replacing parts on your vehicle. Failure to install a part correctly may result in damage to your vehicle, serious injury or death.
If you are unsure about how to install a part, make sure to seek assistance from a licensed mechanic or arrange to have them install the part for you.
Third Party Installation
Where you arrange for a third party to install products supplied by us, you must contract separately with that third party. SCA will not be liable for any installation services provided by a third party.
1. In these Terms and Conditions:
1.1. “Club Plus Card” means a membership card issued pursuant to this Program;
1.2. “Club Plus Price Promise” means the benefit to the Member as set out in clause 11.
1.3. “Loyalty Credit” means the electronic credits applied to a Member’s Membership account by SCA which can be redeemed by the Member as payment for purchase with SCA in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
1.4. “Member” means an individual who is an Australian resident whose application to take part in the Program is accepted and approved in writing by SCA;
1.5. “Membership” means membership in this Program.
1.6. “Program” means the SCA Club Plus program operated pursuant to these Terms and Conditions by SCA;
1.7. “SCA” means Super Cheap Auto Pty Limited A.C.N. 085 395 124 of 6 Coulthards Ave, Strathpine, Queensland, Australia, phone 1300 719 002
1.8. “Website” means www.supercheapauto.co.nz/club-plus or such other website as notified by SCA from time to time.
1.9. SCA ‘Contact Point’ means the Supercheap Auto Customer Care Centre, telephone 0800 500 605, located at 6 Coulthards Ave, Strathpine, QLD, 4500, Australia.
2. By paying the joining fee or using the Club Plus Card (hereafter the “Card”), each Member accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any variations made from time to time to these Terms and Conditions by SCA.
3. SCA may change these Terms and Conditions at any time by publishing the amended terms on the Website or otherwise notifying the Member of the change. The amended Terms and Conditions are effective as soon as they are posted or otherwise notified to the Member. It is the Member’s responsibility to check the Website for changes from time to time and before using the Card.
4. Notwithstanding any other provision in these Terms and Conditions, we may terminate, suspend, deactivate and/or archive your membership if you have not transacted with or used your Card for any 24 month period. We do not warrant that your membership details will be kept and/or can be retrieved in the event that your membership is terminated, suspended, deactivated and/or archived pursuant to this clause. However, you may be eligible to reapply for a new membership, subject to the terms and conditions of membership at the applicable time.
5. SCA may suspend or cancel the program at any time it deems appropriate, in which case all rights of the Member under these Terms and conditions shall cease. SCA shall use its commercial endeavor to give the Member reasonable advance notice of suspension or cancellation by notification on the Website or by otherwise notifying the Member.
6. Membership in the Program is only open to individuals who reside in Australia and is subject to acceptance and approval of application by SCA. Membership only established on receipt, acceptance and approval of original application of the Member by SCA. SCA may refuse any application at its absolute discretion.
7. Each Card shall remain the property of SCA and must be returned on demand. The Card is not a credit or a payment card. The Card can only be used in SCA’s stores in Australia and the Australian Online Store only. Any lost Card may at the discretion of SCA be replaced. A Member must notify SCA immediately if Card is stolen or lost. SCA is not liable for any delay in replacing a Card.
8. The Member is responsible for the safe keeping of their Card, and SCA will not be liable for any unauthorized use of a Card. The Member shall be responsible and liable for any use of the Card by anyone other than the Member. The Member will be responsible to contact SCA at the SCA Contact Point if they discover any unauthorized activity.
9. The Member’s Card can only be used by the Member and is not transferable. The Member’s Card can only be used on presentation to SCA and must be accompanied with adequate personal identification as determined by SCA (at its sole discretion).
10. SCA shall determine the membership entitlements at its sole discretion which may include (without limitation) communication from SCA, information in relation to the Program, the Club Plus Price Promise, receipt-free warranty, exclusive club member competitions, regular email updates including catalogue previews and special promotional offers at SCA stores. Notwithstanding the forgoing, nothing shall prevent SCA (at its sole discretion) offering promotional offers to individuals who are not Members, changing the terms of the membership entitlements, adding membership entitlements, and removing any membership entitlements.
11. Club Plus Price Promise - If the product purchased by a club member goes on sale within 14 days after the date of the original purchase, the difference between the original purchase price and the sale price will be automatically credited to the club member’s account as a Loyalty Credit. Club Members will receive notification via email when Loyalty Credits are allocated to their club member account. To spend Loyalty Credit, club members must scan their Card at a SCA store before making their next purchase, or be logged into their membership account on the website before completing an online purchase.
Example: On Monday you head into your nearest SCA store in Australia and buy a set of car seat covers for the full price of $50. On Wednesday, the same seat covers go on sale in a SCA catalogue for $35.
A credit of $15 will be automatically issued against your membership account as Loyalty Credit. Notification will be sent when this credit has been applied to your membership account. You can then use the $15 credit towards your next purchase(s) such as floor mats, provided it is spent within 28 days after which the credit expires.
The Club Plus Price Promise EXCLUDES products which are on promotion as Multi-Buys, Bonus Buys or Combo Deals and Special Order Products.
12. Loyalty Credits may be issued by SCA as follows:
12.1. Upon paying the $5 club membership fee and approval of the Member’s application for Membership, the Member will be issued $10 complimentary Loyalty Credit. This credit must be used within 56 days from the date of club membership activation (AEST).
12.2. SCA may choose at their sole discretion (E.g. promotional events) to waive the $5 joining fee, however in this instance the $10 of Loyalty Credits will not be applied to the members account.
12.3. Club membership is considered activated once the member’s profile has been fully completed online. Members will receive notification of this activation via email.
12.4. Loyalty Credits will be automatically applied to a Member’s Membership account as part of the Club Plus Price Promise.
12.5. Loyalty Credits can be automatically issued at the sole discretion of SCA, if and when it chooses to at its sole discretion.
13. The redemption and/or use of the Loyalty Credits is subject to the following conditions:
13.1. The Member must present his/her Card for scanning at the point of purchase for each transaction to ensure Loyalty Credits can be issued by SCA under the Club Plus Price Promise at a future date if applicable. If the Card is not presented to SCA prior to the transaction being processed by SCA, then no Loyalty Credits will be issued to the Member for that transaction under the Club Plus Price Promise.
13.2. The Member has 28 days (from the date of allocation (AEST) by SCA) to use the Loyalty Credits (excluding Loyalty Credits allocated at sign-up, these have a 56 day life span - AEST). After the 28 day period, any Loyalty Credits applied to the Member’s account as a result of a particular purchase will expire and cannot be redeemed towards purchases.
13.3. The Member can review their Loyalty Credit balance at any time by simply logging into their club member page or asking a SCA team member in-store.
13.4. Loyalty Credits are not redeemable for cash or exchanged for any other type of credits offered by SCA.
13.5. Loyalty Credits will be applied on the Member’s account the day following the Club Plus Price Promise effected by SCA, and can be used from that day forward excluding the $10 Loyalty Credits issued on ”sign-up” which is available for use once membership is fully activated online by the Member
13.6. Members, who don’t pay the initial joining fee of $5, will not be credited with the $10 Loyalty Credits e.g. SCA team members and/or special events.
13.7. Loyalty Credits cannot be used to purchase gift cards, lay-bys or special orders
13.8. Loyalty Credits can be redeemed towards the purchase of goods via SCA’s online store. The Loyalty Credits can also be redeemed by the Member towards freight and handling costs associated with making a purchase through SCA’s online store.
13.9. Club members seeking to return products purchased using Loyalty Credits will need to return the items to their closest Supercheap Auto store, no returns can be processed online
13.10. A Member wishing to redeem any Loyalty Credits towards his/her purchase shall be required to ask SCA’s team member at the point of purchase to redeem existing Loyalty Credits on that particular transaction. SCA will not automatically redeem the Loyalty Credits in the Member’s account towards any purchase without the Member’s request to SCA’s staff member at the point of purchase.
13.11. Products can be purchased completely by just using Loyalty Credits (if the Member has sufficient Loyalty Credits balance in the Member’s account), however should a Member want to return (in accordance with SCA’s returns policy) any Product purchased wholly via the redemption of Loyalty Credits, then the Member will simply have the Loyalty Credits refunded into the Member’s account. No cash will be refunded by SCA. Refunded ‘Loyalty Credits’ will have a 28 day expiry date from the date of the refund being issued.
13.12. If a product is being returned after a purchase which was paid for by a combination of a cash and Loyalty Credits, then the Member will receive the refund in the same combination and proportion. For Example, I bought a set of seat covers using $25 cash and $25 Loyalty Credits. The refund would be issued as $25 cash and $25 Loyalty Credits back onto my membership card.
13.13. SCA Trade Account members can apply for club Membership however the Trade Account/Cash Card cannot be used in conjunction with the Card, only one or the other can be used.
13.14. Loyalty Credits can only be redeemed in a SCA store or online store in Australia. For example, Loyalty Credits earned in Australia cannot be redeemed in a New Zealand Super Cheap Auto Store or the New Zealand Super Cheap Auto online store.
14. The Member hereby irrevocably holds harmless SCA, its related bodies corporate, employees, directors, suppliers and agencies from all claims, suits, demands, actions, proceedings which the Member has or in the future may have against SCA, its related bodies corporate, employees, directors, suppliers and agencies, and shall indemnify and release SCA, its related bodies corporate, employees, suppliers, directors, related companies and agencies from all and any claims for damages or otherwise in the terms of, and arising out of this Program to the full extent permitted by law. The term “related bodies corporate” has the meaning given to the term “related company” by the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
15. To the extent permitted by law, SCA will not be liable for any delays, disruptions, omissions or errors in the operation of the Program including technical or mechanical malfunctions, and will not be liable for any loss caused by any such delays, disruptions, omissions or errors.
16. The Member acknowledges and agrees that all decisions pertaining to this Program rests solely with SCA and its decision is final.
17. Without in any way limiting the operation of, and in accordance with clause 14, SCA in its sole discretion can at all times:
17.1. change, amend or vary these Terms and Conditions;
17.2. change, amend, vary, withdraw or cancel any promotional offer offered to Members; and
17.3. Exclude a Member from, or cancel a Member’s Membership in, the Program, without prior notice and without prior notice to a Member.
18. SCA gives no warranty as to the continuing availability of the Program or the Club Plus Price Promise. SCA may, in its absolute discretion, at any time cancel the Program (including without limitation the Club Plus Price Promise) in whole (or in part) upon reasonable notice of not less than 1 week.
19. Without limiting clauses 17 and 18 in any way, Members will be taken to have received notice of any changes to these Terms and Conditions if SCA notifies the Member of the change by any method including, but not limited to the use of email and or posting details of the changes on the Website.
20. Without in any way limiting the rights of SCA as set out in clauses 17 and 18, if a Member is in breach of these Terms and Conditions, at any time, then SCA may cancel the Member’s Membership with the Program and any Member whose Membership is cancelled may no longer access Member promotional offers, the Loyalty Credits, or any other related benefits.
21. To the extent permitted by law, SCA, its related bodies corporate, employees, directors, suppliers and agencies is not liable for any loss or damage suffered by Members resulting from such withdrawals, cancellations, variations or change as set out in clauses 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and generally arising from the Program.
The Gift Card Terms and Conditions set out all the conditions applicable to the use of our gift cards. You will need to familiarise yourself with the Terms and Conditions before you place an order.
- 1.1. "Access PIN" means the 4-digit Access PIN printed on the back of the Gift Card;
- 1.2. "Card Number" means the 19-digit number that appears on the back of your Gift Card;
- 1.3. "Gift Card" means the Gift Card that you have purchased from us for use in our store or on our website;
- 1.4. "Remaining Card Value" means, at any time, that portion of the initial value loaded onto your Gift Card which is unspent and can be accessed by using the Gift Card in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
- 1.5. "we", "us" or "our" means a reference to "Super Cheap Auto Pty Ltd A.C.N. 085 395 124";
- 1.6. "you" or "your" means a reference to the person who is in possession of the Gift Card at the relevant time for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, or who authorises another person to do something with or to the Gift Card on their behalf.
- 2.1. By purchasing, redeeming or attempting to redeem a Gift Card, you:
- 2.1.1. accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions; and
- 3.1. Purchases with your Gift Card: Goods may be purchased from our store or on our website by selecting the goods and taking them to the point of sale operator in our stores or on our website (www.supercheapauto.co.nz). When making an in-store purchase, the operator will request the Gift Card to be swiped in the pin pad, and for the Gift Card serial number and Access PIN to be entered into the pin pad. When making an online purchase, instructions will be provided on our website for the Gift card serial number and the Access PIN to be entered to complete the purchase. The transaction will be completed when the balance has reduced on the Gift Card. No change will be given - any remaining balance on the Gift Card (“Remaining Card Value”) can only be used in whole or part against future purchases subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- 3.2. You acknowledge that the Gift Card may not be used:
- 3.2.1. to pay a store or credit account;
- 3.2.2. to purchase goods or services that we are not permitted to supply to you by law in the location of sale (for example, sale of weapons, knives etc) - please observe the available signage or ask a store manager for any sale restrictions which apply;
- 3.2.3. to purchase goods or services that are not permitted to be supplied to you under our company policy in the location the sale is to take place (for example spray paint will not be sold to persons under 18 and these sale restriction policies vary between stores) - please observe the available signage or ask a store manager for any sale restrictions which apply;
- 3.2.4. for purchases by email, phone or fax; and
- 3.2.5. for the purchase of tyres or any services supplied by outbound partners.
- 3.7.1. Your Gift Card will be valid for use for three years (36 months) from the date of issue or as otherwise indicated to you by us. Any balance that remains on a Gift Card will not be available for use after the card's expiry date.
- 3.7.2. To check the expiry date of your Gift Card, call 0800 523 699. You must convey the 19 digit Gift Card serial number and the Access PIN to our call centre operator. For balance enquiries online, you will be required to enter both the Gift Card serial number and Access PIN on the designated page of our website prior to getting access to the card information.
- 4.1. Please treat your Gift Card like cash. Lost or stolen cards will not be replaced or refunded.
- 4.2. Can I exchange my Gift Card?You cannot exchange your Gift Card for a different brand, denomination or type of Gift Card or for another tender, cash or discount.
- 6.1. To the extent permitted by law, we reserve the right to change any of the terms contained in these Terms and Conditions at any time, including without limitation changes:
- 6.1.1. to add or remove participating retailers and/or where the Gift Card may be redeemed;
- 6.1.2. to add or remove goods or services which may be purchased with the Gift Card;
- 6.1.3. for infrastructural, systems, administrative or operational reasons or to prevent the occurrence of fraud or other unlawful or unacceptable conduct;
- 6.1.4. to comply with any contract, law, regulation or statute or order or judgment of any court, tribunal or other body having competent jurisdiction; or
- 6.1.5. where we, acting reasonably, consider that it will not be to your detriment.
- 6.2. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will be available at www.supercheapauto.co.nz or by contacting 0800 744 566.
- 7.1. Generally under copyright laws the owner of the copyright in images or photographs is the person who created the images or took the photographs. You represent and warrant to us that you are the owner of the copyright or have the express permission of the owner of the copyright in the images or photographs which you submit to us.
- 7.2. We claim no ownership rights in any photographs and materials you submit to us. You grant to us and to our third party service providers, a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, copyright licence to copy, reproduce, display, modify, adapt or alter, transmit, and distribute your photographs and materials for the purpose of allowing us to provide you with the Gift Card you have requested.
- 7.3. You warrant that you will not make any claim against us or our third party service suppliers, for any use, publication or copying of the photographs and materials you have submitted to us and you waive all rights of action or other claims you may have now or in the future against us in respect of any such use, publication or copying.
- 7.4. Your Infringement of Copyright:
- 7.4.1. We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If we receive a complaint alleging that you have infringed copyright, we will refer the complaint to you for resolution. It will be your responsibility to resolve any such complaint. Should you not resolve the complaint satisfactorily and advise us, in writing, of the resolution within seven (7) days of the date we refer the complaint to you (the "Referral Date"), we reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to suspend your Gift Card and/or your order (“Order”) for the Gift Card until such time as the complaint is resolved. If you do not notify us within thirty (30) days of the Referral Date that the complaint has been satisfactorily resolved, we reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to terminate your Order and/or permanently suspend your Gift Card.
- 7.4.2. If any person makes any claim against us or our third party service suppliers, claiming that any of the photographs and materials you submit to us, or any use of them, infringes any copyright, or other intellectual property or moral right of any person, company or entity, you indemnify us and our third party service providers against all costs, claims, loss, damage, demands and expenses (including all reasonable legal costs, fees and expenses) arising directly or indirectly out of such claim.
- 9.1. Gift Cards: If you have reason to believe that an error has occurred in relation to your Gift Card, you should call 0800 744 566.
- 9.2. Goods or services: subject to the law, any complaints about goods or services purchased with a Gift Card must be resolved directly with the store concerned.
- 1.1. These terms and conditions are deemed incorporated into the conditions under which the Trade Discount Card is granted to the Customer. The placement of any order by the Customer is subject to these terms and conditions.
- 1.2. The Customer must present their Trade Discount Card at the time of purchase and ensure appropriate identification is provided as requested by Supercheap Auto.
- 1.3. Supercheap Auto may grant and or revoke a Customer’s Trade Discount Card and allow or disallow the Customer’s participation in the Trade Program and the absolute discretion of Supercheap Auto. Without limitation to the foregoing, Supercheap Auto may remove the Customer from the Trade Program if the Customer does not meet the minimum annual spend requirement set by Supercheap Auto (at its absolute discretion) for participation in the Trade Program.
- 1.4. Without limitation to clause 1.3, Supercheap Auto may (at their absolute discretion) suspend or otherwise limit a Customer’s Trade Discount Card and participation in the Trade Program.
- 1.5. Any terms and conditions of the Customer’s order that deviate from or are inconsistent with these terms and conditions (regardless of any assertion by the Customer that their terms and conditions shall prevail) are expressly rejected by Supercheap Auto unless otherwise agreed to in writing.
- 1.6. Supercheap Auto reserves the right to accept or refuse any order for Goods at its discretion.
- 1.7. Until an order for the purchase of Goods has been accepted by Supercheap Auto either in writing or by conduct, no contract for the supply of Goods shall exist between Supercheap Auto and the Customer.
- 1.8. The Customer is liable for all transactions carried out using the Trade Discount Card including (without limitation) the unauthorised use of the Trade Discount Card.
- 1.9. The Customer’s Trade Discount Card and participation in the Trade Program is not transferrable.
2. Prices and Quotations
- 2.1. Supercheap Auto reserves the right to alter prices without notice. Provided however that the price of Goods in an order which has been accepted by Supercheap Auto may not, to the extent of that order, be altered by Supercheap Auto (except to the extent of any amount payable pursuant to clause 2.3).
- 2.2. All prices are in New Zealand Dollars.
- 2.3. The Customer agrees to pay any GST and any other government duties, levies or taxes payable in respect of the Goods supplied by Supercheap Auto.
- 2.4. Discount (if any) is only applicable on full price items (i.e normal retail price) and excludes sale items, special buys, gift cards, vouchers, bonus buys, and any other discounted items.
3. Placing an Order for Goods
- 3.1. The Customer may order Goods by submitting an order to Supercheap Auto by any means approved by Supercheap Auto and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- 3.2. Any order placed for Goods by the Customer is an offer by the Customer to purchase the particular Goods for the price notified (including the delivery and other charges and taxes) at the time the Customer places the order.
- 3.3. Supercheap Auto may ask the Customer to provide additional details or require the Customer to confirm their details to enable Supercheap Auto to process any orders placed.
- 3.4. The Customer agrees to provide Supercheap Auto with current, complete and accurate details when requested to do so.
4. Acceptance or Rejection of an Order
- 4.1. Supercheap Auto reserves the right to accept or reject the Customer’s order for any reason, including (without limitation) if the requested Goods are not available, if there is an error in the price or the product description.
- 4.2. Each order placed for Goods that Supercheap Auto accepts results in a separate binding agreement between Supercheap Auto and the Customer for the supply of those Goods. For each order so accepted, Supercheap Auto will supply the Goods in that order to the Customer in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- 4.3. If Supercheap Auto rejects an order, then Supercheap Auto will use reasonable endeavours to notify the Customer of that rejection within a reasonable time after the Customer submits their order.
5. Cancelling an Order by Supercheap Auto.
- 5.1. Prior to the dispatch or collection (as applicable) of an order, Supercheap Auto may cancel all or any part of an order (including any orders that it has accepted) without any liability to the Customer for that cancellation if:
- 5.1.1. the requested Goods in that order are not available; or
- 5.1.2. there is an error in the price or the product description in relation to the relevant Goods in that order; or
- 5.1.3. that order has been placed in breach of these terms and conditions.
- 5.2. If Supercheap Auto cancels an order as above, it will use reasonable endeavours to provide the Customer with reasonable notice of that cancellation. The Customer will not be charged for the cancelled order if Supercheap Auto cancel it before the delivery date or if the Customer is not at fault or in breach of these terms and conditions.
6. Cancelling an Order by Customer
- 6.1. Prior to the dispatch or collection (as applicable) of an order, the Customer may cancel all or any part of an order (including orders that Supercheap Auto has accepted) due to circumstances beyond the Customer’s reasonable control (e.g. loss of employment, serious injury or illness) but not if the Customer simply changes their mind, without any liability to Supercheap Auto for that cancellation.
- 6.2. If the Customer does cancel an order as above, then the Customer must provide Supercheap Auto notice (including reasons) before the dispatch or collection (as applicable) of the order. The Customer cannot cancel all or any part of an order after the order has been dispatched by Supercheap Auto or collected by the Customer (as applicable).
- 7.1. If the Goods are being delivered, the Customer should allow at least ten (10) working days for delivery from the receipt of their order and payment for their order. Delivery time is subject to stock availability, this period may be extended by up to 30 days by Supercheap Auto and they will endeavour to provide the Customer with reasonable notice of that extension.
- 7.2. If the Goods are being delivered, a delivery fee is payable in addition to the purchase price of the Goods. A number of different delivery methods may be used depending on the type of order.
- 7.3. If the delivery is by courier, Goods will not be delivered to an unattended address. The courier requires a signature from an occupant at the specified delivery address. If no one is available to sign for the parcel a card will be left and the parcel re-directed to the nearest courier depot. The Customer is then responsible for collecting the parcel from that depot or paying an additional charge for re-delivery.
- 7.4. Supercheap Auto ships orders to New Zealand addresses only.
- 7.5. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that it may incur additional delivery fees/freight charges (in excess of the fees and charges specified above) for:
- 7.5.1. special, non-stock and/or bespoke items;
- 7.5.2. heavy, bulky and/or awkward items;
- 7.5.3. express or urgent deliveries; or
- 7.5.4. bulk or large quantity orders.
- 7.6. To the extent permitted by law, all claims for shortages and damages in the Goods must be made by the Customer to Supercheap Auto within seven (7) days of receipt of the Goods by the Customer.
- 8.1. Payment for all Goods in full must be completed at the time the Goods are being ordered.
- 8.2. The only accepted means of paying for Goods will be by cash, cheques (acceptance of cheque payment is at the absolute discretion of Supercheap Auto), electronic funds transfer or credit card, all without any deduction, unless otherwise agreed to by Supercheap Auto.
9. Risk and Title to Goods
- 9.1. The Goods shall be at the sole risk of the Customer from the delivery of the Goods to the Customer or from the collection of the Goods by the Customer (as applicable).
- 9.2. All Goods (including those delivered to or collected by, as applicable, the Customer) under these terms and conditions remain the property of Supercheap Auto until the Customer has paid to Supercheap Auto in full the purchase price for the relevant Goods and all other money due to Supercheap Auto.
10. Return of Goods
- 10.1. To the extent permitted by law, unless the Customer notifies Supercheap Auto to the contrary by email, telephone, or facsimile transmission within seven (7) days of delivery of any Goods and such notification is confirmed in writing within seven (7) days of its receipt by Supercheap Auto, the Goods shall be deemed to have been accepted by the Customer.
- 10.2. Supercheap Auto will accept Goods returns and provide the Customer with (at Supercheap Auto’s election) a replacement for the Good (subject to availability) an exchange voucher, refund or repair where:
- 10.2.1. the Good delivered is faulty or is not of merchantable quality;
- 10.2.2. the Good delivered is not fit for its intended purpose; or
- 10.2.3. the Good delivered does not match the description given by Supercheap Auto.
- 10.3. If the Good delivered is faulty, not of merchantable quality, not fit for its intended purpose, does not match the description given by Supercheap Auto or covered under a warranty from the manufacturer, the Customer must promptly contact Supercheap Auto. To enable Supercheap Auto to evaluate the Customer’s return request, the Customer must provide Supercheap Auto with any information reasonably requested by Supercheap Auto, including but not limited to:
- 10.3.1. the order number, invoice number or receipt number;
- 10.3.2. a detailed description of the problem or the reason for the request to the return the Good;
- 10.3.3. photograph(s) of the Good that is damaged during transportation; and
- 10.3.4. Customer details.
- 10.4. Supercheap Auto will evaluate the return request and if applicable, issue the Customer with a returns authorisation notice once Supercheap Auto has received details of Customer’s return request. Supercheap Auto will provide the Customer with return instructions and return address for the relevant Goods.
11. Warranties and Economical Loss
- 11.1. Supercheap Auto accepts liability for all legal guarantees and warranties expressed or implied to the transactions under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, or any other applicable legislation, the effect of which cannot be excluded. However, where Supercheap Auto are permitted by law, Supercheap Auto will only:
- 11.1.1. in the case of services, resupply of the services or pay to the Customer the cost of resupply; and
- 11.1.2. in the case of goods, replace the goods, supply equivalent goods, repair the goods, pay to the Customer for the cost of replacing the goods (or of acquiring equivalent goods), or pay to the Customer for the cost of having the goods repaired.
- 11.2. Where Supercheap Auto is permitted by law (and subject to clause 11.4):
- 11.2.1. Supercheap Auto does not warrant or represent the suitability of the Goods for any purpose; and
- 11.2.2. Supercheap Auto will not be liable to the Customer for indirect and consequential loss (including without limitation for loss of revenue, loss of profits, failure to realise expected profits or savings and any other commercial or economic loss of any kind) or loss or corruption of data, in contract, tort, under any statute or otherwise (including negligence) arising from or connected to any Goods.
- 11.3. Supercheap Auto’s liability to the Customer for loss or damage of any kind arising out of this agreement or in connection with the relationship established by it is reduced to the extent (if any) that the Customer causes or contributes to the loss or damage. This reduction applies whether Supercheap Auto’s liability is in contract, tort (including negligence), under any statute or otherwise.
12. Variation of Terms and Conditions
- 12.1. Supercheap Auto may make any variations to these terms and conditions and such variations will be effective as soon as they are made. Supercheap Auto may advise of variations by posting on its website, e-mail notification or any means of notification that Supercheap Auto deems appropriate. Any Goods purchased after any such variation will be deemed to be the Customer’s acceptance of such varied terms and conditions.
- 12.2. Supercheap Auto may make any variations to these terms and conditions and such variations will be effective as soon as they are made. Supercheap Auto may advise of variations by posting on its website, e-mail notification or any means of notification that Supercheap Auto deems appropriate. Any Goods purchased after any such variation will be deemed to be the Customer’s acceptance of such varied terms and conditions.
13. Customer Obligations
- The Customer covenants and warrants to Supercheap Auto that:
- 13.1. Without limitation to the provisions of clause 1.3, the Customer will ensure a minimum annualised spend of $600 (inclusive of GST) is achieved in any given twelve (12) month period to maintain a Trade discount. Supercheap Auto will review (at its absolute discretion) and may revoke a Customer’s Trade Discount Card or disallow the Customer’s participation in the Trade Program if minimum annualised spend is not achieved;
- 13.2. all information and data provided by the Customer to Supercheap Auto (including as part of registering for the Trade Program) or otherwise is true, accurate, complete and up to date;
- 13.3. in the event of delivery of the Goods, the person receiving the Goods at the delivery address is authorised by the Customer to do so;
- 13.4. the Customer has and will comply with all relevant laws relating to the Customer’s participation in the Trade Program and its placement of any order to Supercheap Auto;
- 13.5. the Customer will ensure that the Trade Discount Card that kept in a safe and secure manner;
- 13.6. the Customer will promptly notify Supercheap Auto if the Customer is or becomes aware that there is or has been an unauthorised use of the Trade Discount Card, or any other security breach relating to the Customer’s participation in the Trade Program;
- 13.7. the Customer will promptly advise Supercheap Auto of any changes to the Customer’s information provided to Supercheap Auto as part of the Trade Program registration process;
- 13.8. the Customer is responsible for any costs associated with their participation in the Trade Program;
- 13.9. the Customer is responsible and liable for any person that uses the Customer’s Trade Discount Card (with or without the Customer’s permission), including but not limited to the placement of an order for Goods;
- 13.10. the Customer agrees that Supercheap Auto may charge the Customer for all Goods that Supercheap Auto agree to supply to the Customer that have been ordered using the Customer’s Trade Discount Card;
- 13.11. the Customer will check the labels on the Goods before consumption or use; and
- 13.12. the Customer will not:
- 13.12.1. use the Trade Program for any activities that breach any laws, infringe a third party’s rights or are contrary to any relevant standards or codes;
- 13.12.2. make fraudulent or speculative enquiries, purchases or requests via the Trade Program;
- 13.12.3. use another person’s details without their permission or impersonate another person when participating in the Trade Program;
- 13.12.4. create or attempt to create accounts in the Trade Program by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretences;
- 13.12.5. create or attempt to create multiple accounts in the Trade Program;
- 13.12.6. use the Trade Discount Card other than in accordance with these terms and conditions; or
- 13.12.7. attempt any of the above acts or engage or permit another person to do any of the above acts.
- 14.1. Any notice to be given to Supercheap Auto by the Customer may be sent to the Trade department, Supercheap Auto at 180 Savill Drive Mangere East 2024, New Zealand or emailed to email@example.com
- 14.2. Any notice to be given to the Customer by Supercheap Auto shall be sent to the last known address or email whichever is applicable. Notices shall be considered to have been sufficiently delivered five (5) days after mailing or in the case of email once it has been sent, unless a notice of a failure is received.
15. Notification of Changes
- 15.1. The Customer must not assign and/or novate these terms and conditions without the prior written approval of Supercheap Auto, which may be granted or declined at Supercheap Auto’s sole discretion.
- 16.1. In the event that any part of these terms and conditions is or becomes void or unenforceable, that part is severed so that the validity and enforceability of the remainder of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
- 18.1. Supercheap Auto’s failure to exercise any right or power does not operate as a waiver and a partial exercise of a right or power does not preclude any further exercise of the right or power.
- 19.1. These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand. The Customer agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Zealand as selected at Supercheap Auto’s discretion.
- 20.1. In these terms and conditions, unless contrary to the context:
- 20.1.1. “Customer” means and includes any natural person, company, partnership or other entity who is the applicant listed for the purchase of Goods is accepted by Supercheap Auto.
- 20.1.2. “Goods” means and includes goods and services supplied or to be supplied to the Customer by Supercheap Auto.
- 20.1.3. “GST Act” means the “Goods and Services Tax Act 1985” and any ancillary legislation relating to the imposition of goods and services tax.
- 20.1.4. “GST” means any tax chargeable or payable under the GST Act;
- 20.1.5. “Supercheap Auto” means Super Cheap Auto Pty Limited (1172262);
- 20.1.6. “Trade Discount Card” means the card (which remains at all times the property of Supercheap Auto) provided to the Customer, held with Supercheap Auto, in relation to the supply of Goods for their trade or business and which allows the Customer to participate in the Trade Program pursuant to these terms and conditions;
- 20.1.7. “Trade Program” means the potential supply of Goods to the Customer by Supercheap Auto pursuant to these terms and conditions, for which the Customer has been provided a Trade Discount Card.
In consideration of viewing this video, you agree and acknowledge that:
1. All videos depict activities undertaken by a professional and only meant to be a general and basic user guide. The correct and most appropriate procedure may vary depending on vehicle type, user experience and product specifications.
2. You will not attempt to replicate anything shown in this video unless you have:
2.1. Checked your vehicle owners’ manuals and all product user instructions.
2.2. Obtained advice from relevant qualified experts
2.3. Applied safe practices when performing activities
2.4. Checked relevant laws and regulations
3. Supercheap Auto is not responsible for and will not accept any direct and/or indirect liability for: cost; damages; claims, accidents; injuries; death; law and traffic violations; and expenses that is or may be incurred or suffered by you as a result of carrying out the activities in this video.
Copyright Supercheap Auto
- Fitments and Services are not available in all stores.
- Fitments and Services apply to products and brands sold at Supercheap Auto only.
- Fitments and Services are subject to:
- Poor weather conditions
- Team availability
- Product availability
- Time of day
- Booking may be required
- Fitments and Services are subject to vehicle inspection
- Supercheap Auto reserves the right to decline a Fitment or Service where:
- The vehicle has been modified from its manufacturer OEM state
- The part being fitted does not meet manufacturer OEM specifications
- Vehicle components are old, brittle, damaged or unsafe
- Body panels and/or engine components require removal in order to gain access to the component being fitted
- Fitments cannot be undertaken where modification to the vehicle is required (i.e. cutting/drilling/re-wiring of manufacturer OEM components)
- Supercheap Auto accepts no responsibility for any pre-existing damage to a vehicle
- Supercheap Auto accepts no responsibility for fitted products failing as a result of existing vehicle faults or malfunctions
- ECU diagnostic scanning excludes clearing any codes related to vehicle safety including ABS and AIRBAG malfunctions
- It is the customers’ sole responsibility to ensure that the product fitted is suitable for all intended purposes and meets vehicle manufacturer recommendations. Supercheap Auto accepts no liability or claim for damages in relation to the followings:
- fitted products requested by a customer that fail to meet vehicle manufacturer specifications and instructions;
- fitted products used in a manner contrary to product markings, user manual or labelling
- fitted products used contrary to the recommended capacity limits as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer or product manufacturer
- Supercheap Auto’s customer complaints:
- Refer to Supercheap Auto’s Returns Policy available instore and online
- For store related Fitments and Services speak directly to the Store Manager and ensure to have proof of purchase
- For online related Services (e.g. Online Tyres) speak with the Customer Care Centre on 0800 500 605
- Should a customer feel that their complaint has not been resolved adequately, please refer to the Disputes Escalation process outlined in the Supercheap Auto Returns Policy
- Please click below for Terms and Conditions for the following: