- Home >
- Services >
- Battery Recycling
Did you know that 98% of a lead acid battery can be reclaimed through recycling? The components of the battery including plastic, lead and acid are re-processed and manufactured into a range of other products. At Supercheap Auto, we offer a Battery Recycling service through Century Batteries who will recycle your used lead acid battery free of charge.
Battery Recycling FAQs
- Q. Is it free to recycle my battery at Supercheap Auto?
- A. Yes. By simply taking your used battery to any of our Supercheap Auto stores, your lead acid battery will be recycled by Century Yuasa free of charge!
- Q. Can I re-use my old battery for anything?
- A. No. Minimise the risk to you and your family from toxins contained in automotive batteries like acid, lead and lead compounds, and recycle your battery correctly.
- Q. Can I put my old battery in my recycling bin at home?
- A. No. Lead acid batteries should not be placed in home recycling or waste bins. The lead and acid may contaminate other recycled materials which in turn can make them un-useable.
- Q. What will happen to my old battery?
- A. The acids, plastic and lead compounds will be separated when the battery is destroyed, and then re-processed into new products!
Find your nearest store offering Battery Recycling