Is this product for you?
If you need to tightly seal the joint between two surfaces to prevent gases and fluids leaking, this Permatex gasket maker will help you out. The Permatex Ultra Black Maximum Oil Resistance RTV Silicone Gasket Maker is sensor-safe, low-odour, non-corrosive, and has a temperature range of -54¬∞C to 260¬∞C intermittent. Ultra Black has a fast-curing formula, is OEM specified, and meets the performance requirements of OE silicone gaskets. In regards to dealership warranty requirements, it ensures compliance with extended drivetrain warranty.Where can you use it?
Permatex Ultra Black is flexible and oil resistant due to a patented adhesion system. It can be used with valve covers, oil pans, intake manifold end seals, timing covers, and transmission pans.Directions
- For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a residue-free solvent, such as Permatex®Brake & Parts Cleaner.
- Cut nozzle to desired bead size,gaskets are best formed using a 1/16″ to 1/4″ bead.
- Apply a continuous and even bead of silicone to one surface, surrounding all bolt holes.
- Remove any excess with a knife being careful not to cut yourself.
- Re-assemble parts immediately. *Do not squeeze out silicone by over tightening bolts. Re-torque will not be necessary.
- Silicone dries in 1 hour, and fully cures in 24 hours, at 70˚F – 50% relative humidity. Allow more time in cold weather.
- Replace cap after use. Clean hands with dry cloth orPermatex®Fast Orange®Hand Cleaner. Clean tools with non-flammable cleaning fluid.
NOTE: Not recommended for use on head gaskets or parts in contact with gasoline.