If your car has acquired a few swirl marks or scratches, don’t worry! With just a little effort the scratches can be fixed and your paint restored like new.
What you'll need
- Scratch or swirl removal product OR Buffing compound (for severely damaged surfaces)
- Foam applicator pad
- Soft microfibre cloth
Tips and Warnings
- Never leave a product on the paintwork for an extended period of time unless the packaging specifically states to do so.
- If you’re looking to remove a couple of scratches or swirls, then a dedicated scratch or swirl removal product is the superior choice.
- For weathered or dull paint, or for an all over treatment, use a buffing compound – it will cut fast without scratching.
- Swirl marks are usually caused by poor washing and drying techniques and products. Any dirt or grit will cause micro scratches during cleaning, so make sure you do it thoroughly to prevent undoing all your hard work!
Before you Start
Make sure the car is clean by giving it a good wash and dry. Ensure that the surface is cool and, preferably, parked in the shade. That will be easier on you as well as the car.
Step 1 - Apply product
Put a small amount of product onto a foam applicator pad.
Apply to one section (buffing compound) or scratch (scratch or swirl removal product) at a time, using moderate pressure and overlapping circular motions.
Step 2 – Wipe Product Off
Allow it to dry to a haze and then buff off any excess with a super soft microfibre cloth. Simply repeat the process where required.
*Important information* - Click here to read more about our How-To terms and conditions.