SCA Metal Cover Rust Paint - Enamel, Gloss Black, 500mLPLU 395311
Is this product for you?
For an easy and long lasting paint job on rust prone, or previously rusted surfaces, check out the new Metal Cover range of paints from SCA. These epoxy enamel paints are designed to be applied directly onto steel surfaces without the use of a primer. This leaves you with a rust inhibiting top coat, which is not only resistant to rust, but also the penetration of corrosive elements.
They are ideal for a variety of steel surfaces around the home and shed including metal fences, roofs, doors, gutters and downpipes, window frames, workshop machinery or railing and gates.
How easy is it to use?
Before applying Metal Cover paints, the surface must be thoroughly cleaned and free from grease, rust, wax, dirt and any anti-rust additives. Use a wire brush or sander to remove all traces of rust and expose a sound metal surface. Then use a lint free cloth to wipe the surface clean with SCA Wax and Grease Remover.
Once the metal has dried thoroughly, SCA Metal Cover may be applied directly to ferrous surfaces such as mild and heavy grade steel. Non-ferrous surfaces such as aluminium and galvanised iron should first be primed with SCA Etch Primer.
With surrounding areas masked and covered to prevent overspray. Shake the can for one minute – and occasionally during use. The ball inside the can should rattle freely.
Spray each layer slightly overlapping and allow a few minutes between coats -until sufficient coverage is reached.
- Anti-corrosive, durable epoxy enamel paint
- Ideal for ferrous metal, rusted metal, bare metal & painted metal surfaces
- Long term rust & corrosion prevention
- No priming necessary (over unpainted or pre-painted surfaces)
|Colour / Finish:||Various Colours Available|
|Paint Type:||Base Coat|
|Heat Resistant:||150 degrees celsius|
|Surface Preparation:||Sand surface to remove any rust and clean with Wax & Grease Remover|
|Suitable Primer:||Metal Cover Heavy Duty Grey Primer|
|Application Method:||Spray Gun, Brush or Roller|
|Suitable Substrates:||Ferrous Metals and Suitably primed Non-Ferrous Metals|
|Thinning Ratio:||10% (9 Parts Paint:1 Part Thinner)|
|Recommended Application Temperature:||10-30 degrees celsius|
|Recommended Application Humidity:||Below 80%|
|Suitable Top Coat Clear:||Clear Enamel|
|Number of Coats Recommended:||2 coats|
|Touch Dry Time:||8 hours|
|Re-Coat Time:||16 hours|
|Full Cure Time:||4-5 days|
|Clean Up:||Enamel Thinner|
Free Shipping When Your Spend $120 or More Online!
This offer is subject to all of the following terms and conditions.
- Free shipping is only available to valid street addresses within New Zealand.
- The offer is for online orders only and valid until further notice.
- Offer excludes gift cards, tyres, bulky and dangerous goods.
- This free shipping offer may be withdrawn or altered at anytime.
Track & Trace
- Large quantity or bulk orders.
- Express or urgent deliveries; or
- Non-stock and/or bespoke items
Delivery Time Frames
P.O. Boxes and Authority to Leave (ATL)
Unfortunately supercheapauto.co.nz is currently unable to provide international shipping.
Reasons for order delays
- Entry of an incorrect or incomplete address during checkout.
- The address had no-one to sign for the parcel.