SCA Metal Cover Aerosol Rust Paint - Enamel, Pewter, 300gPLU 395273
Is this product for you?
For an easy and long lasting paint job on rust prone, or previously rusted surfaces, check out the new Metal Cover range of paints from SCA. These epoxy enamel paints are designed to be applied directly onto steel surfaces without the use of a primer. This leaves you with a rust inhibiting top coat, which is not only resistant to rust, but also the penetration of corrosive elements.
They are ideal for a variety of steel surfaces around the home and shed including metal fences, roofs, doors, gutters and downpipes, window frames, workshop machinery or railing and gates.
How easy is it to use?
Before applying Metal Cover paints, the surface must be thoroughly cleaned and free from grease, rust, wax, dirt and any anti-rust additives. Use a wire brush or sander to remove all traces of rust and expose a sound metal surface. Then use a lint free cloth to wipe the surface clean with SCA Wax and Grease Remover.
Once the metal has dried thoroughly, SCA Metal Cover may be applied directly to ferrous surfaces such as mild and heavy grade steel. Non-ferrous surfaces such as aluminium and galvanised iron should first be primed with SCA Etch Primer.
With surrounding areas masked and covered to prevent overspray. Shake the can for one minute – and occasionally during use. The ball inside the can should rattle freely.
Spray each layer slightly overlapping and allow a few minutes between coats -until sufficient coverage is reached.
- Anti-corrosive, durable epoxy enamel paint
- Ideal for ferrous metal, rusted metal, bare metal & painted metal surfaces
- Long term rust & corrosion prevention
- No priming necessary (over unpainted or pre-painted surfaces)
|Colour / Finish:||Various Colours Available|
|Paint Type:||Base Coat|
|Heat Resistant:||150 degrees celsius|
|Surface Preparation:||Sand surface to remove any rust and clean with Wax & Grease Remover|
|Suitable Primer:||Metal Cover Heavy Duty Grey Primer|
|Suitable Substrates:||Ferrous Metals and Suitably primed Non-Ferrous Metals|
|Recommended Application Temperature:||10-30 degrees celsius|
|Recommended Application Humidity:||Below 80%|
|Suitable Top Coat Clear:||Clear Enamel|
|Number of Coats Recommended:||2 to 3 coats|
|Touch Dry Time:||8 hours|
|Re-Coat Time:||16 hours|
|Full Cure Time:||4-5 days|
|Clean Up:||Enamel Thinner|
Free Shipping When Your Spend $120 or More Online!
This offer is subject to all of the following terms and conditions.
- Free shipping is only available to valid street addresses within New Zealand.
- To qualify, your order must be equal to or greater than $120 after any discounts or coupons are applied. The order value is not inclusive of freight or handling charges.
- The offer is for online orders only and valid until further notice.
- Offer excludes gift cards, tyres, bulky and dangerous goods.
- This free shipping offer may be withdrawn or altered at anytime.
Track & Trace
All orders placed online at supercheapauto.co.nz are delivered via courier. You can track the progress of your order from placement through to delivery via our Track & Trace portal. Simply enter your Order Number (ie. 0000123456) and your first and last name to view the progress of your order.
Once your order has been packed ready for dispatch you will see a consignment number and link to track your order directly through the courier’s website.
Please allow up to 24 hours for your parcel to register in the couriers system before attempting to track your order. If you have any concerns contact our Customer Service Team by phone on 0800 500 605 or complete our online enquiry form. We will generally respond to online enquiries within 24 hours.
Your delivery cost will vary depending on the size, weight and location of the products you choose to purchase as well as your delivery location of choice. Normally the larger the item, the more expensive delivery will be. Extremely large goods (ie. Items requiring a two man lift) will also incur higher delivery rates.
Please note: As we use couriers to deliver all parcels, products cannot be delivered to an unattended address. The courier will require a signature from an occupant at the specified delivery address at the time of delivery, if no one is available to sign for any parcel a card will be left and the parcel re-directed to the nearest Courier depot. You will then be responsible for collecting the parcel from that depot or paying an additional charge for re-delivery.
supercheapauto.co.nz recommends all deliveries be shipped to a location that is attended during business hours, whether that is a home, work or other address, to minimize any redelivery delays and/or fees.
You may incur additional delivery fees/freight charges within the checkout (in excess of the fees and charges specified above) for:
- Large quantity or bulk orders.
- Express or urgent deliveries; or
- Non-stock and/or bespoke items
At checkout, you will be notified of shipping costs for your approval, these are calculated automatically by the site in accordance with our courier companies' freight charges via a courier aggregation application (supplied by Temando). Bulky items are those with either a high weight or large cubic volume. Products are allocated as bulky as determined by the shipping methods of our courier companies.
Please note if your cart contains non-bulky and bulky items your cart will be calculated accordingly.
Delivery Time Frames
We use a selection of courier services with delivery times of between 1 - 10 business days after dispatch for smaller items, and 3 - 10 business days for larger items, depending on your delivery location. Courier deliveries are made during business hours, Monday to Friday only. During the checkout process you will have the opportunity to select your courier service of choice based on the size and weight, delivery pick-up address and delivery location of your order.
P.O. Boxes and Authority to Leave (ATL)
All delivery orders are sent via courier services so we are unable to deliver goods to PO Box addresses nor offer a ATL service.
Unfortunately supercheapauto.co.nz is currently unable to provide international shipping.
Reasons for order delays
- Entry of an incorrect or incomplete address during checkout.
- The address had no-one to sign for the parcel.
- Incorrect payment information was entered against the order. Please double check all details at time of checkout as your order will only be created upon receipt of payment.
- In the event an order is flagged for verification we may need to get in contact via phone before dispatching some orders. Personal details may need to be confirmed for fraud prevention if we are unable to verify the shipping destination to protect the card holder, and this may delay shipping.
- Occasionally if a particular product is in high demand we may need to supply product from outside of our standard delivery network. This can cause delays in dispatch if orders are directed to regional locations etc.
If your order is not received within the quoted delivery period please check your order progress via our Track & Trace portal, alternatively contact our Customer Support Team on 0800 500 605 or complete our online enquiry form. We will generally respond to online enquiries within 24 hours.
SCA Metal Cover Paint
For an easy and long lasting paint job on rust prone, or previously rusted surfaces, check out the new Metal Cover range of paints from SCA.
Remove Rust Once and For All! // SCA Metal Cover
Get rid of that rust once and for all! Find out how:
Supercheap Auto’s Rust Converter and Primer Sealer helps stop rust in its tracks!